At a side where Asus working their best to become one of the top leaders in the market for smartphones. Their root still touching the side of computers and the company is ruling both of the sides.
However, if we talk about one of their monitor which is the Asus MX279H. We do think that this is one of the best creations by Asus.
But we still need to find out the answer that if the monitor is enough good or we can find a better one in this budget?.
Well just in case if you are thinking so here is our Asus MX279H review. So just read on and we will walk you through from its different parts. As we go with this review we will talk about the monitor’s design, features, and our perspective on the monitor. So without wasting much of the time lets just get into the topic:
Asus MX279H Review – The Best Monitor in Business?
Well, the Asus MX279H is one of the two monitors under the Designo Series. There are two monitors available in the market in Designo Series.
One of them is the 23-inch monitor and the 27-inch monitor. Both of the monitor’s sports the same design, the only change that we see in them is the display size.
However, in this article, we are talking about the Asus MX279H or you can say the 27 inch Asus monitor. According to the company, the monitor is their pride as it is a backlit and frameless monitor.
|Screen Size||27 Inches|
|Resolution||1920 x 1080 (Full-HD)|
|Response Time||5 ms|
|Display Type||LED-Backlit LCD|
|Viewing Angles||178 degrees|
|Speakers||3W x 2 Stereo RMS (B&O)|
|Display Adjustments||Tilt (+20°~-5°)|
|Connectivity||1 x DVI-D|
1 x D-Sub
2 x HDMI
1 x Audio IN
1 x Audio OUT
|Power Consumption||29.1 W|
|Dimension||24.5" x 17.4" x 8.9"|
- Talking about the specifications of the Asus MX279H, the monitor offers a resolution of 1920×1080 with Full HD 1080p support.
- The chassis of the monitor is frameless and comes with 16.7 M color displays. The maximum brightness of the monitor is 250 cd/㎡.
- The monitor also comes with SPLENDID Video Intelligence Technology and 4 modes of color temperature selection.
- It also comes with trace free technology, low blue light, and 3 mode skin tone selection.
- One more interesting feature of the monitor is that there are 8 different modes for different purposes. Such as sRGB Mode, Game Mode, Darkroom Mode, Night View Mode, Standard Mode, Theater Mode, Scenery Mode, and the Reading Mode.
- With the monitor’s buttons, you will be able to auto adjust the QuickFit, Volume Adjustment, Input Selection, Brightness Adjustment and so on.
- Talking about the monitor box contents, with the Asus MX279H you will be getting a VGA cable, Audio cable, a Power cord and the power adapter to power up the monitor. Some manuals and warranty card and an HDMI-to-DVI cable.
- The monitor also includes the Kensington lock security feature.
Starting with the design at first, the Asus MX279H looks like a device from the future. Edge to edge display makes the design more attractive.
All the monitor buttons are placed nicely at the bottom corner of the large monitor. The monitor stand is circle shaped and it looks really amazing.
Talking about the display it has a 16:9 aspect ratio LED-backlit AH-IPS A+ panel with a 178-degree wide-view angle. This offer a minimize color shift on both horizontal and vertical planes and ensures that the user is getting the accurate view from all the directions.
Also in this period of displays, big viewing angles are important and the 178-degree viewing angle satisfies that.
Talking about the connectivity options, the Asus MX279H offers two HDMI ports on the rear panel. There is also a VGA port available. However, with this monitor, you will not be getting the DVI port. But just to save your butt the company will be sharing an HDMI to DVI cable with the Monitor box contents.
So you do not have to worry about that. However, to satisfy you there is 3.5 mm headphone jack. So just in case if you are planning to play console games and want to connect your headphones or some decent external speakers. With the headphone jack, you will be able to connect a headphone or external speaker and do some decent gaming.
You can also connect a microphone to the monitor. So just in case, if you are playing a game online and you want to have a conversation with your game mates. It will be super easy. Also, most of the headphones come with two adapters, ie: the headphone jack, and microphone jack. Besides the headphone jack, there is a tiny power port so you can plug in the power adapter.
However, you have to miss a few things that include USB ports and an Ethernet cable. It might bother some people that the monitor does not have USB ports, but you have to deal with it. Just in case if you want to play movies from a flash drive it’s better to look around for a different option.
One of the good features of the monitor is that there are two big speakers at the rear panel. Both of the speakers are made with the partnership with Bang & Olufsen ICEpower.
The speakers offer premium & immersive audio. The Asus monitor features the ASUS SonicMaster technology which offers amazing audio quality based on advanced hardware and software techniques. With the Asus MX279H, the company did not just want to offer amazing image quality or stunning graphics.
One of their main goals was to offer superior sound to give better viewing experience. The multimedia experience is designed to offer a better experience for gaming or video playback. The monitor is slim however it packs powerful speakers thanks to the art audio technology from Bang & Olufsen ICEpower.
This simply kills the need of investing on external speakers, the monitor is enough for providing good sound quality. However, some gamers may still go for external speakers and it all depends on the users need. However many would think that the powerful speakers will cost more electricity power well with the Asus MX279H you do not have to worry about that. The technology behind the speakers is designed to reduce the cost of power consumption.
Asus MX279H Pros
The Asus Monitor has some nice Pros that should be mentioned. So just to help you out here are all of the pros that we found while reviewing the product:
- The Asus MX279H monitor has a bright display with nice contrasts and other modes that gives life to the picture.
- It comes with decent speakers, which is enough for killing the need for external speakers.
- There is a port for headphone and microphone jack. Also, you can connect external speakers with the Asus MX279H for better sound experience.
Asus MX279H Cons
The Asus MX279H do not have many cons, however here are the cons that we have found while reviewing the product:
- The monitor lacks USB ports and Ethernet port which can bother quite a lot of people.
- There is no wall mount option available for the monitor. So if you are thinking to mount it on the wall then you have to make changes in your plan.
- There is no DVI port. however, the company is providing a converted. But still, it sucks and will bother quite a lot of people. Also, if the converted gets damaged you have to purchase them separately.
Overall the display is quite good if you are planning to use it as a gaming monitor. However, if you are planning to use a Google ChromeCast or Amazon Fire Stick with this monitor, it would be awesome.
Also, there is 4K variant available for the exact monitor. The colors on the Monitor are strong and it produced in a good manner. However, the colors get stronger, especially in the gaming and Theatre mode.
Hence the primary colors over here may not look really well but it’s enough sufficient. The IPS panel does deliver great viewing angles. The texts and images are clearly visible if you look at the monitor from a horizontal angle. The colors in a horizontal way do not fade too much. It’s visible and offers enough great viewing experience.
If we talk about the price, in this budget segment we are getting a large display with decent audios. It almost satisfies the user needs although it sucks when we look at a USB port.
However, we can not complain much as the company here tried their best to offer a monitor with amazing design and display with decent audio.
But if Asus would have added the USB ports it would have been a great monitor for every user requirements. However, if your goal is to use the monitor as a computer display I do not think that it would disappoint you.
Actually, it all depends on the user needs, if your requirements match with the Asus MX279H Monitor. Then undoubtedly it is one of the best monitors on the market you can get.